Sunday, February 15, 2009

Palm pulls the plug on Palm OS, bets the future on Pre's webOS - Network World

Palm pulls the plug on Palm OS, bets the future on Pre's webOS - Network World

I love the Palm OS - it is small, fast and perfectly suited for hand held use. This leaves me in a bit of a pickle. I love Life Balalnce software, but it only runs on Palm & iPhone, at least mobile. I also like to use Quicken and Pocket Quicken in particular to enter transactions on the fly. Quicken's on-line options do not sync with desktop Quicken. That is fine, for those who spend all their time online AND have a data plan on their cell/smart phone. Pocket Quicken also comes on Windows Mobile, but having used that in the past I do not really like it as well as the Palm interface.

No real rush - my current unit is still in good shape. Just need to make some time to do some research. I am sure I can find replacement for several the apps I use. Just one thing I did not want to deal with.

No comments: