Thursday, February 03, 2005

Cars, gotta love 'em

My car decided it was time for a new alternator last on Tuesday. It was fun waiting almost 2 hours for the tow truck. I got to drive my brother's truck which is always an adventure.

Adventures in moving

At work we are moving offices. It is all of about half a mile away. It may take me a little longer to get to work, even though I will be getting off 1 exit sooner. Granted we are talking all of 2 or 3 minutes, but still longer.

The move is, overall, a good thing - bigger office, nicer place, yada yada. I have to move back to a cube, which kinda sucks but overall is not a bad thing. The only downside to that is I usually have a lot of people over to my desk answering questions so I am sure the people around me will be a bit pissed off.

The real hassle is not the move itself, but what is going on next week. Over the course of the week we start loosing things because of the move, like the fridges for certain. I would imagine if we run out of anything like coffee or tea we are probably not going to get restocked. In theory all our personal stuff, like mugs, are to be gone before Friday, but I nant to keep my mug as long as possible. It is bad enough that I sometimes use a paper towel when cleaning out my mug, I will not use styrofoam cups for 3 days. All minor crap, minor crap can add up to a pain in the ass.

No comments: