Monday, July 17, 2006

Banned Md. skateboarders find a refuge
(AP)





I am not surprised by the banning of public skateboarders, although for me skateboards were a mode of transportation. We were not allowed to ride bikes to school (even though there was a bike rake), so skateboards were a quick way to get to school (home was another matter). We could throw them in a bag and then in our lockers.

Times have changed of course. Now people sue anyone for any little thing, even when it was their own stupidity. That is why you see all those "NO biking, skatboarding, blades, drulling, etc." signs everywhere. I wonder if I was to ride up to one of the malls on my bike if I would be turned away even though I am just using my bike as transportation and not doing stupid human tricks.

No comments: