Wednesday, June 22, 2005

AFI Movie Quotes

Most everyone has probably seen the AFI Top 100 Movie Quote list. I have to say I was happy to see that "May The Force Be With You" made the top 10. The Akron Beacon Journal's movie critic put together some of his favorite quotes, and one he had, and one I also like, did not make the top 100. It was from Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back - "Do or do not. There is no try." Given some of the top 100 I personally feel that one should have made it. This got me to thinking about some of my favorite movie quotes.

"Laugh while you can monkey boy." Lord John Warfin (John Lighgow) from "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eigth Dimention." This movie is definately a cult classic, but I find the line useful.

"Listen, do you smell something?" Ray from "Ghostbusters." Such a non sequitor it takes a minute.

"I collect spores, molds & fungus." Igon from "Ghostbusters." Useful if you ever want to get away from someone.

"Is now one a time for a colorful metaphor?" Spock, "Star Trek IV". Spock was commenting on Kirk's swearing upon going back to the 20th century. Spock never picked up on swearing.

"Balance not just karate." Mr. Miagi (sp?) from "Karate Kid."

"Just making do with what I have." Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) in "Tremors".

"It's not my god damn planet, understand monkey boy?" John Big Bootee (Christopher Lloyd) from "Buckaroo Banzai".

"You have just opened a fortune cookie with no fortune, written by a master who does not exist. Leroy, there is one place, ONE PLACE (tapping on forehead) where you will find what you seek." from "The Last Dragon."

"With great power comes great responsibility." Uncle Ben from "Spiderman." Yea, more of a comic quote, but it WAS said in the movie...

No comments: