Sunday, June 26, 2005

Random Mutterings

My leg is really starting to feel better, and it is even starting to look better. The problem with the infection is, as I think I explained before, is the toxins released by the strep. It leaves the leg looking red, hard, and nasty. In addition to all of that the steriod cream I have to get the leg to heal faster is drying the skin out something horrible and it looks like my leg had a bad sun burn and is peeling.

I spent some time a Borders today getting my homework for the creativity workshop done. I seem to have trouble getting things done if I am at home. I really need to get my lab/office setup so I have some space that is setup to really let me do some creative projects.

I have my computer pretty much setup and up to date. Windows update went nuts on my system and it took 3 separate sets of downloads and reboots to get all the updates. Norton took 2 reboots as well. I am still working on getting all the software setup back up. I got lucky because I thought sure my Palm was going to loose power before I could get it synced up to my system. Now I just need to hope that I can get my Pocket Quicken linked to the new file. If not I am going to have to spend a lot of time copying some transactions out.

Today I picked up a WD backup drive for my computer. I intend to backup at least once a week since it is basically copying changed files to a second hard drive. I also have an external drive to start ripping my CDs to, again. The backup drive has enough space to backup both drives, plus some space space in case I bump up my external drive, which I may do to get my photos off my main drive. If you do not have a backup policy in place, I would recommend it. After loosing my financial records not to mention several megs of photos I can't emphasis this enough. The drive I got today is $70 after rebates for 120 gig.

As a part of the restore of the system I am going to try and get my scanner up and running. I have several things I want to scan in and post on Flickr or my blog.

I am looking to play around some with the template of the blog. I have some things I want to try and I want to play around with some HTML. The big problem is time. I would like to also take some classes to maybe get a master degree, or maybe take some of those classes that pour in information so you can throw it all back up on a certification test. Too much to do, not enough time. I really need to get my wireless working throughout my house so I can sit in the living room with the stereo and work.

No comments: