Sunday, June 19, 2005

A little update

Since it has been awhile I thought I might update what was going on.

I think I mentioned my computer was down - fried hard drive. Fortunately everything was still under warrenty so I was able to get the drive replaced free, although I lost all my data. I have since gotten my computer back.

Last Saturday I was running a temperature of 103 and my leg was slowly becoming the color of a stop sign and was slowly becoming the size of a ham. A visit to an urgent care center got me some antibiotics which helped a little. By Monday things were still not much better, and by Tuesday the swelling was horrible. A trip to the emergency room resulted in a 2 day (3 if you include the day in the ER) stay getting lots of IV antibiotics and getting to pee in a jug. I got out on Thursday night.

My leg still is messed up - there is a rash from the infection (toxins as I was told) that I am still working on getting rid of even though the infection itself appears to be in check. The rash is worse on the back of the leg, which makes since because all the ointment I use tends to wipe off the back, plus the presure from keeping my leg elevated. However the ankle is looking much more ankle-like again and the swelling is considerably down.

I have also gotten my computer back and I am slowly getting this set back up. Right now I am working on getting my email and blog reading all caught up. I have a long way to go before the computer is completely setup again, especially since my wireless connection is acting up again. I must figure out why that does not hook up as it should.

No comments: