Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Self-Esteem For Dummies

Awhile back there was a Ziggy comic where he was reading Self-Esteem For Dummies, which of course if the silliest, and just a wee bit ironic, title for a book. Really, self-esteem for dummies? Hello!!

Well, of course I had to check it out on Amazon, and although I did not find that exact title, I did find The Complete Idiots Guide to Enhancing Self-Esteem. I did not check ot see how well it was selling, but I really think that everyone who does buy a copy needs to look up what self-esteem might mean.

Actually they need a talk that starts with "Come here Sparky...". Robin Williams had a bit awhile back where he was talking about the protestors for the movie The Last Temptation of Christ in which the protestors complained "The movie is not real." To which Robin Williams replied "Come here Sparky....NO MOVIE IS REAL." Of course I also feel this needs to be accompanied by knocking on the head much like you would a door along with screaming "HELLO?!? ANYONE IN HOME IN THERE??", (kind of like in the movie Back To The Future) but then again my tolerance for stupidity is decreasing almost exponentially as I get older.

No comments: