- Compaq Presario Laptop. The hub of my digital life. Communication, music, movie playing, finances. I keep very little outside of my laptop.
- Palm Tungsten T3. My backup brain. I am even getting more info on there all the time. I use this as a mobile adjuct to my laptop for times when lugging a laptop is not convenient.
- SanDisk 512 meg MP3 player. I use it primarily for podcasts.
- Toshiba DVD player. A little old school, but I had it and it allows me to work on my laptop and watch a movie at the same time.
- iJoy Camera. Has about the resolution of a camera phone, great for quick shots on the run.
Overall I would have to say I am pretty well set. Like Gary said in his, maybe a portable video player a la the video iPod, although as part of the Microsoft collective I would look for something outside of iTunes ;). I actually picked up a cheapy Pocket PC recently to play around with the UI. With Windows Media Player built in it would work as a media player, although it does not handle mpeg 4 files natively. It would be cool if I could get them converted to play without downloading a new player to the Pocket PC.
One thing I like about either Palm or Pocket PC is that they are generic enough to function as a video or audio player. I do not use mine as such primarily because of space concerns, although with SD cards that is not a big deal.
The only thing I might get is a TiVo or other DVR. I have considered turning my old computer into a DVR since it has a rather roomy 80 Gig drive, but I always think I don't need another thing to get me to watch more TV.
From Top 5 Friday