Saturday, December 18, 2004

Busy! Busy! Busy!

Between my usual schedule and Christmas preparations I have been swamped with stuff to do and not spent enough time here. Hopefully that will all change this week.

I got to watch I Robot today. Now I don't remember the books that well, it has been 20+ years since I have read them, but the story seemed to move pretty well and I like Will Smith in these kinds of roles. He brings just enough humor in to keep things from getting too serious. I liked this considerably better than I liked Unstoppable with Wesley Snipes. It was in the review of Unstoppable that someone pointed out that the era of the action movie star seems to be over. Oh action films are still made, but you can't bank on any one star anymore. The era of people just going to a film because Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone are over. Will Smith or Jet Li might reverse the trend some, but not enough.

Well it is late and I need to get some sleep. Maybe something a little more interesting tomorow.

No comments: