Wednesday, December 08, 2004

It's beginning to look like Christmas, sort of

Today is a gray day. Lots of clouds, bare trees, grass that is more brown than green. Windy, rainy, in a word yuck. It is still staying the 40's here most days, and upper 30's/low 40's at night. Any more that seems to be what Christmas is like around here. Sigh.

Maybe that is why I am having trouble getting into Christmas. No snow. I have not had a Christmas tree in over 10 years because my one cat seems to think it is a neat game to watch me pick up the tree every day when I get home. I caught her one day - she ran from one room over at full speed and launched herself into the tree, which of course even at her "heavy" 8 pounds was enough to knock the whole thing down. You would think after the first time she would have learned the tree would fall down. I only this week broke out my Christmas music, which usually comes to work the week of Thanksgiving. Maybe I am becoming like Scrooge. Things have even been worse since mom passed on a couple of years ago. It just seems like any other day of the year to me anymore, except you have to give a gift.

Well, maybe I can get into the spirit more by getting some decorations up. Plus I need to get out and go shopping over the weekend.

I think my house is killing me. My heart rate has been elevated the last few weeks. Nothing outside of "normal", but not normal for me. I went to the doctor last Friday and he thought it might be some kind of virus. This week I have been tracking it a little closer and it seems to be worse at home. I am wondering if maybe developing some kind of allergy, because I am also getting some extra snot going on as well. I have been good about sweeping and what not of late, so I am not sure what is going on. I may have to do a quick run over with the sweeper daily. I am probably going to make another appointment tomorrow or Friday because things are not really getting much better.

No comments: