Tuesday, March 01, 2005

More yucky weather

March is always an interesting month here in NE Ohio. Yet again we are back to winter with just enough snow/rain/yuck to make you think before going out to do anything. I think winter is starting to catch up on me since yesterday all I wanted to do was sleep. Just weird. Oh cool! I think this is the "That 70's Show" where they all go to see "Star Wars" for the first time. I love that episode because I remember that is how we all were when "Star Wars" first came out. Yep, I am old enough to remember seeing "Star Wars" in the theatres when it first came out.

Anyways it could be that I have been busy at work lately. In addition to all my usual stuff I get to mentor two different people on some upcoming projects. One is small and one is potentially big. I have avoided anything that is even remotely related to management my entire career and this is dangerously close. I almost want to mess it up so no one gets any ideas.

The honeymoon is over

Speaking of work, things are not as great as they were when we first moved in. I am not sure who does what, but I have noticed a number of small things. For me personally the worst part is there does not seem to be any caffinated tea. I drink all of one cup a day and I really like to have the leaded version. I hope that this is just because our usual facilities people have been busy and not had a chance to restock everything.

Speaking of work, I may have an actual photo id sometime soon. This has been comical. My first photo got lost somewhere, which was interesting since the guy who had his photo done before me, on a digital camera, got his id. So I had to go and get a second picture, which I love to have done. Then when that second round of ids came in, still no id. Then the third round I finally had an id with my picture on it - but the wrong name. Our main facilities guy is at the home office this week and promised to get it all sorted out for me.

What makes this even funnier is this happened with current id that I have. When we got bought out we all had to get photo ids. My first one was lost (again, digital photos) requiring a second photo. At least that is where it ended, however that photo never got uploaded to the company intranet, which they could have used on this new id had it been there.

No comments: