Thursday, March 31, 2005

Yahoo! News - Mobile phones as blog tools

Yahoo! News - Mobile phones as blog tools

This will be an interesting watch, but I am wondering about its real affect among high end bloggers. For some of us Blogger is fine, but most of the really great blogs use other tools. I also think cost is going to be a big issue since most of us are broke or unwilling to dump a lot of money into more tools for blogging.

I have always been curious about the how much people really blog on the go outside of photo and the occassional audio blog. Maybe it is an old-fart attitude, but to me to do anything substantial on a mobil device would be a pain no matter how much thumb dexterity you have. Trust me, I LOVE most mobile technology. Maybe this is the "build it and they will come" attitude.

Also the searching technology mentioned reminds me a lot of what people want to do with Bluetooth. Most mobile devices do not do the web well, no matter how you slice it. Unless you have specially designed web pages most scrapes for smaller devices just suck. Again, maybe this is the technology to prompt that, but the whole market has a chicken & the egg problem.

No comments: