Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Spring In Northeast Ohio

Today was a hectic day. My feet are killing me because I have not been walking consistently, which is the key to me keeping my feet in shape. However I got a big scare today upon reading my local paper (which I could not include the link to). How do we mark spring here in northeast Ohio? Noting the longer daylight? Warmer weather? More rain? No to all the above. The buzzards have returned to Hinkley!

Cleveland.com: Search

Yes, that's right folks, it cannot officially be spring in northeast ohio until the trukey vultures, AKA buzzards, have returned to Hinkley. The above story talks a little about the background. Yea, we could have swallows, or even cardinals, the state bird, but no we want a bird with more character!

Buzzards to serve a very important role in nature, and truth be told they remind me a lot of northeast Ohio. Not necessarily the prettiest, but it has character. Actor-wise I am reminded of Ernest Borgnine.

No comments: