Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Star Trek New Voyages

Star Trek New Voyages

Another all-volunteer labor of love project that is free. Much like Star Wars: Revelations this is a project of the fans.

This takes the original Star Trek to a new frontier - season 4. There are new actors playing our favorite roles. They do capture the idea of the character, but bring in a different twist.

I downloaded the pilot & episode 1 and I have to say they are pretty good. The effects were not as good in episode 1 as the pilot, in my opinion, but still pretty good. The acting reminded me of a local theater group - good but not great. Overall though it was well worth the time to download and watch. Best part - it is free of comercials!

Looks like they do one or two episodes a year, which I think is pretty good given it is all volunteers. Revelations took 2+ years for a 45 minute (roughly) film.

No comments: