Saturday, January 01, 2005

Almost quiet on the northern front

Well the antibiotics for my sinus infection caught up to me today. Not only does it kill all the nasty bacteria that made my snot run yellow but it also killed all the useful bacteria in my intestines that kept me from running to the bathroom every hour or so. Aren't you happy I shared?

Yesterday I was out semi enjoying the warm weather (upper 50s) and I ran over to Borders for my monthly magazine run and took a gander at the metaphysical section and came across Edgar Cayce on the Indigo Children. Now I am not a big follower of Cayce, but I do respect that he had some talents as a psychic.

I can't say I disliked the book. I found it interesting, but by the title I thought I would read more about Cayce than about what other people were doing in the world. Less than half the book was focused on Cayce's work, and that was at the back end of the book. I would have thought this info should have been first and then some of the other material so we could see how it tied in. Also much of the advice from Cayce seemed more generic than specific for dealing with psychic children, or Indigos (Fifth root race as they are called in the book). Even the dietary info was generic info I have heard before from people who follow Cayce closer than I do.

Overall if you are already a follower of Cayce's works you probably have most of the info in here. Borrow the book from the library if you want to read about some of the other projects. If you are looking for some in depth, specific info on Indigos you may want to look somewhere else first. There are other books that address this better I feel. This is a nice book to supplement your studies, but I would recommened starting elsewhere.

Also tonight I watched Christmas at Maxwells. I got this as a part of my December Spirit Cinema Circle DVD, volume 8 to be exact. Aside from the fact it was shot in Cleveland and Ottawa County (relatively close to Cleveland along Lake Erie) I thought it was a great film. It is scheduled for release next year and we got a sneak peak. I still need to send in my comments about the alternate ending they provided. I think it provides a nice telling of getting a Christmas miracle without getting overly mushy. Plus the mother I have watched on The Block (which is really just some commercial length fillers for the local UPN syndicated stuff before the UPN stuff comes on) and find her cute but goofy. She seems like a nice lady and I hope this helps her to get some more meaty roles, assuming that is what she wants. BTW if you are tired of some of the crap that seems to be coming out of Hollywood these days and want something that is spiritual, but not necessarily religious, check out Spirit Cinema Circle. Maybe a little pricey, but by and large the films are as good as anything you will find at Blockbuster and they have some soul.


Meme of the day

I picked this up from Skyte, although I saw some variations on this at other blogs. Just flip your media player on random and record the first 10 songs. Here they are:

1) Love has 9 lives - Music for the Goddess (Man I miss the old mp3.com's New Age channels)
2) Good Bye Blue Skys - Pink Floyd
3) Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - Main theme from the soundtrack
4) Send me on my way - Rusted Root
5) Prologue - Soundtrack to "Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone"
6) Will You Be There - Michael Jackson
7) 1967 Beetles fan club record - The Beetles
8) Orinoco Flow - Neoera
9) Manic Monday - The Bangels
10) Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Man is this a weird mix.

No comments: