Sunday, January 02, 2005

Going through stuff

I spent most of the day going through all the semi-junk mail that has accumulated around. I found a couple of bank statements for an account that I can only remove money from. Otherwise it was just doing laundry and cleaning. The high point was helping my brother bury a dead cat that turned up under his shed. Truly sad.

I did make a few changes in the blog. I am now using All Consuming to track my currently reading list. I am going to slowly add some of my recent reads as well as time goes by. I also found a site that keeps some of the lists like best movies of all times. It allows you to keep track of what you have watched. I added a link to what I have seen. It is sad that of over 280 total items just over 260 were movies. I have to admit my interest in books are a bit outside of the norm so it is not really surprising that I have not hit many on the lists. Most of the music lists seems to be classic rock or at least harder rock than I usually listen to.

The truly sad news I go today is Dave Berry is taking at least 1 year off from his weekly column, and may never come back. Mostly it sounds like he wants to work on some other projects and recharge the batteries. My mom got me started reading his column, some of his books (most of which is just a collection of his columns), and of course the TV show Dave's World. I will definately miss his weirdness on Sunday.

No comments: