Friday, January 21, 2005

Freezing my hands off

A file server I am working on at work is having a hickup and I have several questions out to others so I am taking some time to update my blog. I really need to do this more often.

It is not that cold outside, however today my hands are freezing. Every now and then at work we get a really cold day in the office and until I get some kind of hand coverings I have to live with it.

Went to go and see What The Bleep Do We Know? again last night. This is definately a movie you need to see several times, and I have already ordered the DVD which is coming out in mid March. Someday I will get around to reading some of the books referenced in the movie and the website. For me it was great to see scientists and medical doctors coming to some of the same conclusions that mystics have known for years (centuries really). I picked up a few more things about time. Why are we so obsessed with being able to change future events and not past events? Science is showing that past & future is more similar than previously believed. Interesting concept.

Theresa over at CupieSpew turned me on to the 50 Book Challenge. The idea is to try and read 50 books in 2005 (or whatever year we are in). I may not formally join the challenge, but I am going to keep track anyways just to see how close I come. I got a late start and have only read 1 book so far this year: No Phule Like An Old Phule. So I have 1 so far, and I am in a rather heavy book (topic-wise) right now. I'll pick up some of my lighter reading afterwards to make up some ground.

Friday Meme

From 24 Knits:
*3 Items you couldn't possibly live without:
- My Palm Tungsten T3, or similar device. It is such an extension of me at this point I'm not sure I could survive without one.
- CD/MP3 player. I have got to have my music and I am getting increasing pissed at radio.
- Chai, sweet caffinated nector of the gods. Ok, I do live without it on a daily basis, but my world would definately be bad if I did not have the opportunity to have it daily.

*The first 3 people you kissed (these are outside of family members, last names omitted to protect the semi-innocent):
- Debbie
- Mary
- Melinda

*3 things you swear you'll never do (this is hard because I am willing to try most things once):
- Drugs. I've seen too many people completely screw up their lives.
- Sing solo in public. This could change if I ever actually LEARNED how to sing.
- Mmmmmm.....Own an SUV. I have no need for one.

Well, I hope to do some things the blog over the weekend. I have been wanting to post some pictures and I am going on some long weekends and I was thinking of setting up to do some audio blogging while on the road, plus I want to do some research on some things here at Blogger.

Daily Medicine Card draw: Porcupine
Miles walked in 2005: 22, way behind where I should be.

1 comment:

Fiber said...

What's the medicine card draw??
And thanks for doing the "Gimme 3." =)