Sunday, January 16, 2005

This and that

Got up way too late today, which really put a crimp in my schedule. This was the first meeting of the local genealogy society for the year. As the newsletter editor I felt the need to be there, plus we were touring the new genealogy room at the new library. Very nice. I look forward to doing reserach there, assuming I ever find the time to get back to my genealogy.

I picked up a high gain antenna for my wireless router today. Took me awhile to get the one off, but both are now in place. I look forward to taking my laptop out of the bedroom and into the living room tomorrow to see how they are going to work out. At some point I am going to have to get my office nice and cleaned out so that I can work back there most of the time.

The TV/VCR combo in my bedroom has partially died. No, the TV and VCR work fine, however the remote control has completely given up the ghost. I have a universal remote, however it is not looking like it is something with the remote receiver on the TV. I am going to try the last resort way of getting it programmed tomorrow, but things are not looking good. I have an extra TV back in my office (yea, I have 3 TVs for 1 person), but that will require me to pickup some more electronics so that I can hook up my DVD player.

From 24 Knits, a meme to finish up with:

* 3 CD's you last listened to (or for those iPod freaks, first 3 songs if you shuffle)
Soundtrack to Wayne's World
Blue Man Group "The Complex"
Bangles "Greatest Hits"

*The 3 books you read most recently (assuming ya'll are edumacated folk)
(copied from All Consuming)

No Phule Like an Old Phule
by Robert Asprin, Peter J. Heck

Edgar Cayce on the Indigo Children
by Peggy Day, Susan Gale

Something M.Y.T.H. Inc.
by Robert Lynn Asprin

*3 blogs you read religiously (and spare me the whole "I only read 24Knits" crap. We all know it's true even if you don't say it)
The Neurotic Fishbowl
Let Me Make My Point(e)
Pesky'apostrophe

No comments: