Thursday, January 27, 2005

Been awhile

The first part of my weeks just suck anymore, leaving me little time to blog. I have been trying to ween myself off of TV to leave me more time to read and other things like work here on my blog. I am still cleaning up some stuff that has fallen off the cliff. I have to dig out a credit card from the stack of "junk" mail sitting next to my chair.

One nice thing about podcasts is that you can load up the MP3 player and do stuff around the house. Right now I am listening to Mondays, which includes a bunch of the people from .Net Rocks.
.Net Rocks is obviously aimed at Windows .Net developers, but Mondays is all the humor and other stuff that is not programming specific. It is definately geeky though, and DEFINATELY not work friendly. If you are offended easily, skip it. The humor can definately get "guyish" (meaning lowbrow), but so far I have listened to 3 shows and it is a nice diversion.

The only down side to this is both podcasts are going to Bit Torrent. Now it is not necessarily a bad thing, since these are pretty popular and using Bit Torrent really speads up the download. However Bit Torrent is not a good thing security wise, and I cannot use it at work since the IT guys would have a cow, even though .Net Rocks is work related.

I am still trying to get a project up and running under .Net. I need to find myself an interesting project so that I learn the .Net framework. I have an idea for some kind of content management for my podcasts so I don't have to manually delete them as I do now.

Medicine Card Draw: Armadillo, keyword Boundaries
Total miles walked: 36

No comments: