Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to me!

Now a lot of people always feel bad for me because I have a birthday so close to Christmas. Now I have to admit it does, to a point, suck. By now people are either partied out OR so swamped they have no real time for one more thing. On the plus side though not everyone gets the whole house decorated for their birthday, plus at least my family tried to make my birthday special so it did not get lost in the rest of the holiday season.

I have to say things were not looking good at the beginning of the day - bad traffic jam, things exploding at work, more bad traffic on the way home.

However in the end, it all worked out. I got my gift from the Secret Santa (and Jill Hoff, if you are reading this, thank you). Since it was my birthday I opened it and got No Plot? No Problem! I think everyone, at some point or another, feels the urge to write a book. Aside from the time, my biggest problem has been coming up with a good idea that would go for the 50,000-60,000 words they recommend for a novel. This will give me an idea on how to get one of my ideas some legs.

Although I got a few cards, this card really stood out. I don't know how JR finds these cards, but they are works of art. Even the card is great.

No comments: