Sunday, December 18, 2005

Where has the time gone?

It just seems like yesterday it was summer, now Christmas is next week. I have yet to put up anything that even remotely resembles a decoration. I did get my annual fruit cake bar, which so far has been my one nod to the holiday season it seems. Seems I am well on my way to becoming a Grinch & a Scrooge.

I am going to try a tree this year. I have a small artificial one from my mom. In the past I have not set one up because of my one cat, who seemed to think the tree made a good target for her to practice her jumping. After setting the tree up everyday, sometimes twice a day, I quit setting one up. However the last few years I have not even put lights around the inside of the windows.

However she has mellowed a bit in the last year or two, so maybe I can get by with a tree. We will see. After this I am going to throw a load of laundry in and then go drag down the tree and some ornaments. I have no idea what is left up there from mom. Most of my ornaments have been broken over the years (damn cat), but I had a few soft ones. I do know I have about 1 billion icicles from mom that I know I cannot use. I have yet to see a cat not eat any icicle it can get its mouth on. Not good for the cat, and not good for your sanity to see an icicle hanging out of your cat's butt.

No comments: