Sunday, April 17, 2005

Recovering from Adventures in Babysitting

I am recovering today from two days of babysitting. My sister in law went in for some emergency surgery to drain an infection on Friday. I took off half a day to watch the kids so Brian could go back and be with Carla in recovery. Not a bad day of babysitting, but for some reason the kids wanted to watch DVDs on my laptop that I took over to get some things done. Needless to say I got nothing done, although I bet we were a sight -4 kids and an adult all grouped around a laptop sitting on a recliner.

Last night Carla was not feeling quite right so she went to the emergency room. I stayed up much longer than I would have liked, but the kids were little terrors. They had been to a birthday party earlier in the day and were still all sugared up. After some whining, and 2 of the 4 falling asleep things went a lot easier.

Aside from that, I have been dealing with a car that is not a happy camper. Right now he still needs to go back for some additional cleaning, but at least things are pretty normal right now. I do have to say though at least the car is nice and clean. I hate to clean, but I have to admit there is something very satisfying about the results. As a programmer at the end of the day there is no physical results from my work. It is nice to see the results of my effort for a change.

Geek Alert

Now let me start this off with I am a big Star Trek fan, but I was not a big fan of Wil Wheaton on there. Nothing against him as an actor, in fact I think he did great, but I never connected with Wesley. Yes, I know there is a difference between Wil & Wesley, but it is sometimes difficult to separate emotions when you are watching the show week after week. It was refreshing to read his blog and find out he is a major geek. A few weeks ago I saw he was into short wave radio, so that really pushes him into the geek category. It is refreshing to read about an actor and find out he is a very normal guy who has a bit of a (ok, a big) geek.

No comments: