Friday, April 22, 2005

This and that

Well, I am finally catching up with some things. Things at work have slowed down enough that I can breath, always a plus. My car seems to have settled down, although it still needs some work which I might et done this weekend since it seems that the weather is going to suck out loud. I'm not complaining too much becuase we had a nice run of weather.

New feet

Yesterday during my walk I got some intense shin pain. This is not ot of the ordinary since the shin is the first place something hurts when I am walking too fast. After slowing down nothing changed, so it was time to head to the store for a new pair of walking shoes. Picked up a pair of these. I have to agree with the one review that stated they seem to run a half size small, but overall I am happy with them so far. Of course I only did 3 miles today and my arches hurt and I got a little knee pain while walking, but both of those is normal when I first get a new pair of shoes, particularly a new model. The arch problmes I expect since I need to get used to an arch support that is not borken down. The knee pain with this came from the fact these shoes try to keep the ankle in a neutral position, something my last shoes did not do. It wil take a few miles to get the legs used to the new shoes, but I have to admit by the end of the 3 miles I was feeling pretty good so I have good feelings about these shoes. The big thing I like is the upper is almost all mesh to allow for some great breathing of my feet. When I do longer walks I need to get a lot of ventilation on my feet or I start to get blisters right behind the balls of my feet. I never knew what caused them until I taked with someone who had a similar problem and heclued me into the trick of long distance walkers.

No comments: