Saturday, April 30, 2005

Running on Empty

The last week left me realizing that I have been running on empty for too long. I am to the point that I have nothing left to give. I have violated rule number 1 - take care of yourself so you can take care of others.

The worst part is you never notice it at first. It kind of creeps up on you. For me at least things were mostly ok, although I had noticed some small things for awhile now. The all of a sudden whamo - the wheels come off and I am ready to go postal.

I am looking to reverse this trend. First off I am making up some good meals for myself for next week. One problem is that I have been eating out too much the last few months, and I can feel the difference between that and what I make for myself. Next I am also going to get my exercise in, which I have not been consistent with for awhile as well.

Lastly I am going to try and refill the well. Today I went to see The Hitchhicker's Guide To the Galaxy. Not a bad film, for those familiar with the books (and it has been awhile since I read them) it is enjoyable.For those who did not like the books avoid the movie.

No comments: