Monday, August 22, 2005

Wow, a real post

It has been awhile since I actually wrote something here, so I thought I would give it a try.

The walking is getting back on track, finally. Still need to get some consistency, but it is coming. The leg that had the infection feels fine, although there is still some discoloration. The heel on the other foot is acting up again, but it did that before all the problems with the infection. September is coming which introduces a bunch of local hiking programs. I should be ready to hit them hard come Sept. 1st. More on those programs when the official annoucements are made.

I am getting the roof replaced on my house this week. The guys told me tonight after I got home that there were 5 layers of shingle on the roof. Current city code calls for 2 max. If the weather holds they should be done by Friday.

Along with the roof my brother and I cut down some bushes in the front of my house. I have been considering doing that for awhile - the bushes had overgrown badly before I moved in and cutting them back left only little sticks that were not getting any bushier. Now I will probably put in some kind of garden in that space. I don't want to do much since when my current steps give out I am thinking of having a deck put in. I wish I had a before picture of the house, but I do have an after picture to post, maybe tomorrow since I want to zap my address from the picture.

Over the weekend I did something I have not done in years - I went to a drive in. There are still 3 listed in the local paper. My brother & his family was going so I tagged along. This one charged $15 for a car so it really is a good deal for 7 people for 2 movies. (Yes, DVDs from Blockbuster or a similar place would be cheaper.) We saw "Sky High" and "The Dukes of Hazard". "Sky High" was ok, although I figured out pretty early who the bad guy was, although there was a twist I did not anticipate. It was typical Disney stuff so it is good for families.

"The Dukes of Hazard" was alright. I was never a fan of the TV series so I have little to compare it to. I will admit they made the two Duke boys seem pretty stupid and they were more lucky then skillful in getting through the trials of the film. Ironically they made Daisy seem rather clever and given how smart Jessica Simpson has shown herself in public.... Anyways that may have been how the original series was. One of the best things I heard was parody song called "These Boobs Were Made For Watching" to the tune of "These Boots Were Made For Walking" that Simpson did for the soundtrack.

No comments: