Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I'm off to see the wizard

I am in my final preparations to go to VA Beach for the For Purpose Conference. I leave in the wee hours of the morning, before the butt crack of dawn. Right now I am killing a little time before I go and meet Nancy to pick up some stuff to take down for her since she is flying, plus I need to run over to my brother's house to drop off some money and make sure they know what is going on. Plus some last minute mail to drop off, video rentals to return, gas to buy, and I just got a call to pick up a gallon of milk for my sister in law so she does not have to haul the kids out. Oy!

I am taking my laptop with me, but I will probably not be online until a week from Thursday when I can get to Panera to score some free WiFi. I have w.Blogger and I will try to do entries every day and post them all later.

Just about everything is charged and ready to go. Just waiting for some clothes to get through the washer & dryer to complete everything. Hopefully I will have everything loaded up so I only have to grab my MP3 player & laptop and away I go.

RANT MODE=ON
One last thing I needed to get was a foam pad for my hands free set for my cell phone. You would think I was looking for some gold, or plutonium, or maybe a gay Republican. I will grant you we are not talking a big sale here, but 3 stores lost out on my $7 today (I bought two sets) and could have lost future sales. Now I will admit OfficeMax was a long shot, but I would have thought Best Buy would have stocked these things. No, instead they would want me to spend another $20 or so dollars on a hands free set instead of $3 on a set of headphone pads. Where's my clue bat?!?
RANT MODE=OFF

My .5 gig SanDisk MP3 player is fully loaded, and I have a few things I want to move to my Zen Xtra MP3 player. I think I will have enough crap quality programming on my SanDisk for the whole drive, but I had a couple of podcasts that would not fit. I want them handy. I also got all my podcast download history from work so that I can, hopefully, load up again for the trip home.

No comments: