Friday, November 26, 2004

Another day in paradise

Well, we got our first significant snow of the year on the busiest travel day of the year. Yey haw! Glad I was able to hole up early and not have to go out. Of course today most of it is gone since the ground is not frozen.

Thanksgiving was great. I went over to my brother's house to have dinner. I made the dessert, although the peanut butter cream pie did not set this year, plus I get the honor of making the turkey. My sister in law has a thing about raw poultry and pulling out the gunk (to use a technical term) from the bird. I don't particularly like it, but I know when I need to suck it up and just do it. At least this way we are not cleaning puke off of the turkey before we cook it.

Otherwise I spent all of yesterday and most of today watching videos. I have been avoiding doing any real work around my house, or on myself of late. I did cancel my Blockbuster Online account. They were just not turning films around quick enough for me to really get my money's worth. I have just not be happy with them at all, plus Netflix has a shipping center in Cleveland so I get movies quick.

I just came across an article from PC Magazine (sorry, I could not find a link to the article) about "renting" music instead of buying it. As the author pointed out, 100 CDs will cost about $1500. At $10/month ($15/month to download to a player) you can get get a lot more streamed music. I have been giving serious thought to giving it a try, although I do get tired of all these little subscription fees that keep popping up. Maybe I am just getting cheap in my old age, but it just seems like I keep coming up with more and more stuff that needs to have $10-$20/month. Oh well, I guess that is the kind of society we are becoming.

No comments: