Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Ok, Now I Am Hooked - 100 Things About Me

I definitely like this place a lot more than Diaryland. I like the control I have over things here. I posted my referral link to Free iPods, and I hope some of you can help out. Feel free to email me (I'm not sure how/if I am notified of referrals) and I will try and help out on any of the free programs you are participating in.

Yesterday was kind of dull, and I was trying to put together an Internet alphabet that I saw on a couple of blogs and I am still working on it. I am still trying to get used to the new track I walk on, and it really zapped my left shin yesterday. Otherwise it was just kind of a dull day.

As another thing I have seen on some blogs, here are 100 things about me. I am looking to make that a permanent part of my blog, along with getting a photo of myself on the web.

100 Things about me

1. Few people actually guess my age, usually being off by as much as 10 years either way.
2. I got my first application to AARP at 35.
3. I like to do genealogy, but do not have the time to really research.
4. I love music, even though I am not a great musician.
5. In high school I played the baritone, having switched from trumpet in junior high school
6. I only marched in one parade in band, playing trumpet to help fill out a full line for a parade in Canada
7. I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio.
8. I currently live the furthest I have ever lived from the hospital I was born in - 1.25 miles.
9. I graduated from the University of Akron with a BS in Computer Science.
10. I minored in Psychology.
11. My first computer class in college actually used punch cards. The students did not have access to a sorter, so if you dropped your program you were screwed.
12. The first computer class I took was when I was a senior in high school, the last semester to boot. We had the first computer lab in the city.
13. I was born in 1964.
14. I was born in the year of the Dragon.
15. I am a Sagittarius sun, Cancer moon and Libra rising.
16. I love Tai chi. I started almost 10 years ago.
17. I am with the same teacher.
18. I am certified to teach Tai Chi, but currently do not actively teach.
19. I have been told I am a good teacher, particularly in Tai Chi.
20. I do not feel I am a good teacher for large groups, but feel better in groups of 2 or 3 or 1 on 1.
21. About the same time I started Tai Chi I started studying the Moon phases and similar astrological cycles. I find it fascinating and eerily accurate.
22. I am a facilitator for the For Purpose, Inc's conference.
23. When my time is done as a facilitator I will be the youngest elder in the community.
24. I currently work as a computer programmer for Intuit.
25. I work for one of their vertical market divisions in Cleveland, OH.
26. Although I studied scientific programming in college, I have written accounting software ever since I left.
27. Professionally I have only worked in BASIC.
28. My favorite movie of all times is The Adventures Of Buckaroo Banzai.
29. I am a second generation Trekkie. My mom watched it all the time and got me started.
30. Although old enough, I do not remember watching the original series when it was on. I probably did.
31. I also do not remember the Moon landing.
32. I do remember Watergate and the president resigning though.
33. Since I turned 30 I have had an extreme interest in metaphysical, what some call New Age, topics.
34. 30 is the start of a new cycle age-wise BTW.
35. Although I study astrological cycles, I know very little about "real" astrology.
36. I have had a hand held computer since the time of the old 'palm tops'. My first one was a Psion Series 3a out of England.
37. Currently I have a Palm Tungsten T3.
38. I only switched to the Palm style interface at the recommendation of a columnist who felt that it would be beneficial for people to become familiar with the interface.
39. Although I am something of a geek, I only recently got cable and a high-speed Internet hookup.
40. I like arena football. It is the only sport that I will go out of my way to watch.
41. I hate cell phones. I only have one because of my drive to Cleveland every day.
42. I have had the same phone number since I was 6.
43. I own the house I grew up in.
44. When it was time for me to move out after I graduated from college, my mom and brother moved out instead.
45. I have lived alone since.
46. I am single and do not feel the desire to get married right now.
47. I have never been married.
48. I have 1 brother, and a half brother & sister.
49. I am the oldest of all of them.
50. My brother and I sound exactly the same on the phone. His wife has confused us at times.
51. I love to walk. I am an avid volksmarcher, and participate in all local walking programs that are non-charity based.
52. I am not a competitive walker.
53. I got my Eagle in Boy Scouts
54. The Boy Scouts' recent decision to ban gays has me totally pissed off, even though I am not gay.
55. Even with that decision I still incorporate several of their ideals into my beliefs.
56. Although I believe in God (or Goddess, who really knows?) I do not follow the dogma of any given church.
57. I find organized religion unnecessarily restrictive.
58. I have had psychic happenings, and consider myself psychic.
59. I may never do the psychic fair thing though.
60. The first computer I owned was a TI/99 4a with 16 K (yes, K) of memory and a tape recorder to store programs on.
61. I currently have a Compaq Preserio laptop with .5 gig of memory and a 40 gig hard drive.
62. I love to read and never spend enough time doing it in my opinion.
63. I am a fan of science fiction, mysteries & fantasy-adventure for fun.
64. My serious reading is usually metaphysical or new age books.
65. I rarely read anything for work outside of magazine articles.
66. I have 20 boxes of books in my to be read stack.
67. I watch too much TV. Of late the various CSIs & Enterprise have been my favorite.
68. Netflix has been a wonderful thing for me.
69. I tend to get old TV series on Netflix, and documentaries.
70. I do not watch much PBS, Discovery or History channel.
71. I love owning a home, but I hate cleaning it.
72. If I were not so cheap I would probably hire a maid.
73. As a teenager I played Dungeons & Dragons. I still sometimes play BattleTech.
74. I played Magic: The Gathering for a while, but I have other interests I would rather spend my time on.
75. I am a big fan of Star Wars as well as Star Trek.
76. The only 2 series of books that I have not gotten rid of are Harry Potter and The Hitchhiker's series from Douglas Adams.
77. I am a big Dilbert fan as well.
78. When I got my cable Internet connection I also got a wireless router. Now I am trying to get the Bluetooth connection for my printer to work.
79. I now absolutely love the wireless hookup, and wonder why it took me so long to get converted.
80. I now spend too much time watching TV & surfing the Internet.
81. I hate coffee. My grandparents let me drink it as a kid, but eventually I just stopped.
82. I do love tea though, particularly chai.
83. Even though I work as a programmer, I usually only have 1 cup of tea a day for caffeine. Maybe some Pepsi if we are having a company lunch.
84. As for soft drinks, I prefer RC to both Coke & Pepsi.
85. I do not mind doing dishes. I worked in high school as a dishwasher at a fish fry once a week. To this day I still have not owned a dishwasher other than my 2 hands.
86. I enjoy cooking. Everyone loves what I make, although it looks like crap.
87. Presentation is not my strong suit, both cooking and appearance wise.
88. Just about all my clothes match so I do not have to think when I get up in the morning.
89. I rarely use an alarm clock. I get up most days at 5:30, plus or minus 10 minutes.
90. The down side is even on the weekends I at least wake up at 5:30.
91. Growing up I hated seafood.
92. My recent trip to VA Beach got me to try some seafood. I am now experimenting with cooking it.
93. I love spicy food, although not necessarily hot food. There is a difference.
94. I love both ginger & birch beer, even though they are very hard to find.
95. I do not drink, smoke, or do recreational drugs. The running joke with my friends is that I drink 2 beers a year, which has been more than I have had the last few years.
96. I never did mix tapes/CDs until I started blogging.
97. Although I am cheap (I mean frugal), I do not believe in music/movie/etc swapping/pirating. I feel that if I like something enough to pirate it I should be willing to pay for it.
98. I do buy used music & the like. I would probably buy second hand clothes if I were a more normal size.
99. I have 3 TV's, 2 DVD players and 3 VHS units even though I live alone. My laptop also plays DVD's.
100. I would like to get a TiVo, but think the monthly service fee is stupid. Plus I do not need another thing to encourage me to watch TV.

No comments: