Monday, November 29, 2004

Finally getting back to normal

Well, Thanksgiving is done. As usual I at too much, but at least I was walking 3 of the 4 days (my gym was closed on Thanksgiving). My average mile is getting closer to 16 minutes than the 17 they have been running. Given before my gym closed to tear it down, I mean finalize the new building, I was doing 15 minute or less miles on the track I am WAY out of shape. I tend to walk considerably slower when I am outside, and I was outside all summer. I also hate to walk in the rain, so anytime it rained I did not walk. Normally I would have been inside on the track on those days. Even with all of this I still have more miles in this year than last year. Typically I take the first few laps slow to warm up and get into a rhythm, but I have been getting shin pain after about half a mile until I complete 2 miles, then everything is ok again. I know that it is a combination of speed and distance that is causing the shin pain, but my last mile is usually faster than either of the first 2 that I do. Weird, I know, but that is me.

I am looking forward to settling into a semi-regular routine for a few weeks. I do need to get out and do some shopping for Christmas. I avoid the stores on the day after Thanksgiving like the plague. I always have trouble with my sister in law, as does my brother, since she never wants anything. We can guess a few things, but a little clue would be helpful. I always coordinate my purchases for my nieces & nephew with my brother so we do not overlap, plus I need to get my brother a list of stuff that I will not be buying between now & Christmas but I would like to get. It is always tough to buy for adults, and my brother does not have the internet so sending him to say my Amazon wish list is useless.

I still have not decided what book to read next. I am thinking I either a book on crystals or First Eagle. Both look interesting, but I am not sure if I want to spend the time on something serious or something for fun.

No comments: