Saturday, November 13, 2004

This & That

Ever have one of those days that started horrible but ended up great? For whatever reason I woke up at 4:30 and could not get back to sleep until about 7 and then sleep until almost 11. This was one day I did not want to sleep in. I had a surprise birthday party that I had to cook something for (which I bailed on and bought something) and another meeting after that. Originally I was not going to go, however I was notified that the local genealogy society was giving me an award for the work I have done over the years and felt I should. Made for a busy day, especially when I got up so late.

I will, eventually, have this up on my sidebar on the blog. I am still a little swamped to play around with HTML.

Currently watch: "The L Word", Season 1 Disc 1. Ok, I have to admit I have always had a small place in my heart for Jennifer Beals ever since "Flashdance". I probably know more lesbians than most straight men (at least in Ohio), which may also explain why I am still single. However I found it interesting enough to at least pick up the first disc on my movie pass. I thought the first 4 episodes (actually 3, the pilot was 2 hours) were pretty good, and I am not just saying that because of all the girl-on-girl action. Frankly I could do with a little less sex and a little more story, which would be my guess is what is going to happen. I don't have Showtime so I will have to wait until the second season comes out on DVD.

Currently Reading: I just finished "The Force" by Stuart Wilde. A short book (72 pages), but a nice, condensed book on some very basic metaphysical concepts. To me it is one of those books you keep around and reread when you start to get down. Also a nice book to keep around to read as a refresher. I have not decided what is next up. I wanted to read a book on crystals, although that has seemed to vanished for now. Maybe something a little more fun.

Currently lisenting to: Jewel "0304". Not a bad album. A lot more pop than her previous albums, which I at least feel is unfortunate. She is trying to do some updated big band sound. I like the more traditional big bad personally, but she did ok. My hope is that this is just a bone for the label and that she will get back to the folk/ballads she is so good at.


No comments: