Friday, May 20, 2005

43 Folders

43 Folders

I came across this blog and it is pretty cool, particularly if you are a fan of Getting Things Done. I do use a lot of the ideas David Allen presents, although I do tend to combine his ideas with Stephen Covey's roles, and based upon some of my reading I am not the only one who does that. I think they are a natural fit since David Allen gets you to, well, get things done but Stephen Covey helps you to maintain a well rounded life and prioritze what needs to be done.

Strictly my opinion - David Allen's approach starts at ground level and lets you work up to the "50,000 foot" level, and Stephen Covey starts at 50,000 foot and works down. David is "get the little stuff under control to free up time to work on the big stuff" and Stephen is "get the big stuff set up and then prioritize the little stuff". Both approaches have their place, and to me (and others) they both work well together. Even with the best prioritization we all still have to deal with all the crap little stuff in life.

No comments: