Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Regular-type post

Just kind of a catchup.

I started a creativity workshop, for lack of a better term. I have been in groups run by Jim in the past so I know it will be good. Given how drained I have felt lately this is part of what I need to help fill up the well. What I like is that we are going to look at not only some of the more traditional types of exercises I have worked with in the past, but also some of the latest research on brain function. This will, hopefully, give me a few new tools to help me reverse my current situation.

RSS - Some things I would like to see

I am something of a johny-come-lately to the whole RSS thing. I have to admit though I like it. I think all blogs should have a feed. Face it - we all do not have the time to visit even 12 blogs daily.

After seeing the traffic update that comes through Yahoo earlier today, I thought of a few things I would like to see:

1) Electronic bill presentment - It would be cool to see at least a message and a link to the page. I would optionally like to either present a generic message or the name of the presentor. For example I would not care if, over an unsecure line, that Dominion East Ohio came through since they bill EVERYONE in the city. However I may not want everyone to know I have a GM Mastercard.

2) Weather, although I am sure that is already done.

3) TV schedules. This would be cool, and given that My Yahoo offers that I am sure there is a way to do this. The trick here is formatting the feed in a table format so it looks like something out of TV Guide.

4) Localized upcoming events. Typically these things are done through newspapers now, but it would be cool if we could get these events submittedthrough some kind of gatekeeper (to avoid spam) and receive the events we want, or to open up to search/filtering so that we can skip all the over 50 and country music acts but include all the oompa band & bagpipe performances. Have the problem I have is wading through all the "crap" (crap being relative to each person) to find events that I maybe interested in.

5) Notifiers - given the number of email, voice mail, and other accounts it would be nice if we could have something that would easily monitor if there is new items and provide a link over to the source.

No comments: