Sunday, May 29, 2005

Long weekend?

Well I went into work today for about 5.5 hours. It was nice and quiet and allowed me to get some real work done. I had some work that I needed to really concentrate on and this allowed me to get most of it done. That is until I ran into some walls with my tools that I need to talk with some people with on Tuesday. At least I feel in a lot better shape about my projects than I did on Friday.

Normally I would not even consider going in on a long weekend. It was supposed to be raining on and off all day, and it turned ot to be all off, clear and perfect walking weather. I did get out and do a walk, but not as far as I would like.

I went over to my brother's last night and we grilled some animal flesh. Google weather is giving thunderstorms tomorrow so it is a good thing we did the cookout thing yesterday.

Speaking of Google

I went out and played a little with the Google portal. Ihave to say I am completely unimpressed. The customization is limited to a few items (something like 12 - 16 feeds) and there is no way to customize the look and feel of the page there there is in Yahoo. Not that Yahoo is not without its problems, but Yahoo still offers a better experience than Google on this one. The Google page is cleaner, but I have not updated my syle in some time so there maybe a cleaner sytle available.

I have also been doing some comparisons betwen Google Map directions and Mapquest. Over all I like Googles interface when I am trying to get directions from one location to a number of places, but I perfer Mapquests format for printed directions. Mapquest will also sync diretions to yourPalm (and no doubt Pocket PC) and I am not sure if Google will do that yet. There is also some significant time difference between the two. Mapquest gave me a drive time of 4.5-5 hours, Google 6+. However on a different set of directions Google gave me 16 minutes, Mapquest 22. Both seem to be about as accurate.

Tags:

No comments: