Wednesday, September 21, 2005

43 Folders | Kendall Clark: AlphaSmart Neo's interesting for what it's not

43 Folders | Kendall Clark: AlphaSmart Neo's interesting for what it's not

I have seen something similar, and decidedly lower tech, in use. Awhile back I saw a one of these in use by a journalist at a football game. I have since read that journalist love these things because they had a 300 baud modem built in but, more importantly, they could take a beating and still run. Siome guy in California was still refurbishing them 6 or so years ago! If these are just as tough they could be worth every penny.

I flip between having one, all encompassing device and a lot of small, specialized devices. Overall I prefer the specialized devices - easier upgrades and if one breaks all the functions are not out of service. However there are times I would like to setup a server and have it function as a lot of the little things around the house: Music server, PVR, answering machine, etc.

No comments: