Monday, September 26, 2005

Beacon Journal | 09/26/2005 | Komodo Kingdom slithers into Akron

Beacon Journal | 09/26/2005 | Komodo Kingdom slithers into Akron

The Akron Zoo has always had its problems. Being we are 30 odd miles from the Cleveland Zoo, and a couple hour ride from the Columbus Zoo people do not really flock to it. Plus the zoo itself is somewhat land locked limiting expansion potential without a lot of eminate domain issues.

I remember when the zoo was a really bad place to go, but we would go a couple times a year because it was cheap. Don't get me wrong, at 6 and 7 I enjoyed it immensely, but I know that the zoo was not the best maintained at that time.

The zoo has come a long way in the last 30 odd years. I try to get out there once a year or so, although the zoo is another one of those places where as a single guy visiting people look at you funny sometimes. I did not make it out there this year, maybe over the winter.

No comments: