Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Two strange bedfellows, one new smart phone - Wireless World - MSNBC.com

Two strange bedfellows, one new smart phone - Wireless World - MSNBC.com

I have mixed feelings on this. As someone who works exclusively programming Windows this is a cool move (ooops, my Microsoft-borg implant just kicked in). However I am an avid Palm user and the one tool I use extensively on my Palm has no Windows Mobile equivilant. At this point you can only get my Palm by prying it from my cold, dead hand. Frankly I have never found much of a need to run mulitple apps on my Palm at the same time, I hate working on documents on my Palm, and even email can be a pain in the butt. Your handheld is not supposed to be a small notebook, or have everything from your desktop. It is supposed to be a replacement for your old Daytimer paper organizer.

No comments: