Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Beacon Journal | 09/20/2005 | Akron rock legend calls for a chat

Beacon Journal | 09/20/2005 | Akron rock legend calls for a chat

Akron may not be the center of the music universe, but even the distance galaxies have some interesting tidbits. Love or hate The Pretenders and Devo they have made an impression on music. All from a little town in the rust belt!

I hate to admit it, but I don't follow the local music scene. I hate bars - too many people, smoking (which drives me nuts), noise. Sensory overload. If I could find some quiet coffee bars with no smoking it might be more up my alley, although you don't usually don't find interesting music in venues like that.

(BTW - this would be an excellent example of when to use a Microformat. Click on the time listed and boom! it is on your calander. I guess we can only drag the "dead wood blogs" so far so fast though. ;))

No comments: