Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Beacon Journal | 09/13/2005 | Akron may nab speeders on film

Beacon Journal | 09/13/2005 | Akron may nab speeders on film

Big Brother is at it again. I am all for protecting children, but this is an emotional response to something, and council has been seeing $$ for awhile on this anyways.

The problem I have with these types of systems, especially in school zones, is what is "restricted hours"? Every time I pass a flashing school sign they turn on & off at different times, and if there is a camera with no flashing sign there will be a lot of complaints when a school is closed because of no water (why should people be doing 20 then) or, as I have seen, some idiot forgets to shut things down over the summer.

Not to mention I see a lot of people slamming on the brakes to get to 10 or 15 MPH (you can never be certain just how accurate your speedometer is) and causing accidents. Save a kid, kill all the adults.

Can you say nightmare? I knew that you could.

No comments: